A copy of the PCDA (Pensions) letter announcing the revision of pensions for Pre-2006 retirees along with the rough estimate as to how much will be received by persons in different ranks are attached below.
Please not that this is not linked to OROP in any way. Hopefully that too should follow soon.
OFFICE OF THE PR. CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSIONS)
Circular No: C-144
No:-GI/C/0198Nol- V/Tech 0/0 the Pr.C.D.A. (Pensions)
Draupadi Ghat Allahabad -211014
Dated: -14 /08/2015
Subject: Revision of pension of Pre-2006 pensioners - reg.
Attention of all pension disbursing authorities is invited to above cited circular wherein instructions had been issued for implementation of GOI, Ministry of P,PG and pensions, Deptt of P&PW OM No. 38/37/08-P&PW(A,) dated 28 January, 2013 and this order was applicable w.e.f 24.09.2012. Now, GOI, Ministry of P, PG and pension, Dept of P&PW have further issued orders under their OM No. 38/37/08 P&PW (A) dated 30.07.2015, that "the pension/family pension of all pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners my be revised in accordance with this Department's OM No. 38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 28.1.2013 with effect from 24.9.2012."
(2) In case the consolidated pension/family pension calculated as per Para 4.1 of OM No.38/37/08-P&PW (A) dated 01-09-2008 is higher than the pension/family pension calculated in the manner indicated in the OM dated 28.01.2013, the same ( higher consolidated pension/family pension) will continue to be treated as basic pension/ family pension.
(3) All other conditions as given in OM No. 38/37/08-P&PW (A) dated 1.9.2008, as amended from time to time shall remain unchanged.
(4) All pension disbursing authorities are therefore, requested to revise the pension/family pension in affected cases in terms of Govt. OM No. 38 /37/08-P&PW(A) dated 28-01-2013 w.e.f. 01.01.2006 instead of 24.09.2012. Payment made w.e.f. 01.01.2006 will be adjusted against the arrears now being paid and these cases may be reflected in the monthly account sent to this office as ‘change item’.
(5) Where the PDAs are in doubt in regulating the payment of revised pension/family pension under these orders, the cases with full details of pensioner/family pensioners and PPO No: etc may be referred to Audit Section of this office for advice and further action.
Rank Wise Arrears for pre-2006 retirees effect from 01 Jan 2006 till 21 Sep 2012
• Maj Gen/ Rear Admiral 378299.
• Brigadier/ Cmde 310399
• Colonel / Capt 180845
• Lt Col / Cdr 58555
• Maj / Lt Cdr 425435
It is not understood why LtCol / Cdr is getting lesser arrears than all other ranks. Would appreciate, if any idea could be given.
Thanks & regards,
Cdr (Retd) Ashok Kumar
i have been retired from the rank of sgt from air force w.e.f 18 may 1998.i would like to know the arrear how much likely to be paid to me. under thisletter.
Arrears of pre-2006 rank of Subedar pension fixed as on-1-1-2006'Rs-9324/according t0 6CPC. And it was revised wef-1-7-2009'Rs-11970/ the differences of pensions is RS-2646/+ DA of arrears should be paid from-1-1- 2006 to 30-6-2009' as per PCDA circular 547& clarification 549.